Thursday, February 09, 2006

please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck

There are days where I sit back and wonder...what the hell is wrong with me? I saw the first House of the Dead movie shortly after it came to DVD. I hated it. Absolutely hated it. House of the Dead is the reason I started using the term Cinematic Diarreah, and it is the only movie I use that term in reference to. In a sea of mediocrity, it is the giant turd floating in the middle of it. (The only movie that I've ever seen that was worse was Zombie Doom, which was about as much fun as watching your grandparents fuck.)

That said, I'm really looking forward to Saturday's SciFi Channel premiere of House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe I have faith that they will churn out a good sequel. Maybe I enjoy a bad movie from time to time. Maybe I hate myself and seek punishment. Maybe I'm something of a mental masochist and get pleasure from inflicting the worst of movies upon my poor brain. I couldn't tell you. I only know that I don't think I could be any more excited about it.

Worst case scenario, it's as bad as the first. Ok, I sat through that one, I may as well check this one out. Hell, for as bad as the first movie was the sequel can't be any worse.