Sunday, February 12, 2006

If it's HOUSE of the dead, where was the damned house?


House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim. It was better than the original. Now, that said, it doesn't say a whole lot. I liked it though. It was a fun, cheesy, it's-saturday-afternoon-and- theres-nothing-else-on kind of movie. I'm ok with that. There's a certain amount of joy you need to be able to get from a bad movie in order to enjoy it. And it was bad. This is not a movie that is going to win any awards. It's cheesy, poorly written, poorly produced and poorly acted..but that's what makes it fun. I liked it for the same reasons I liked Dead Alive, simply because it's so bad but so fun. And for as much as I hated the first House of the Dead it was a sigh of relief to actually enjoy this one.

No Uwe, no intercut video game clips, just a fun, mindless movie. Don't get me wrong, I could sit here for hours and list the problems I had with it, but that's not the point. I knew it was going to be flawed to begin with.

The biggest question I have though is why the hell does Sid Haig keep popping up in movies? What's so great about this guy? Why am I supposed to care? Just, someone, please explain the fascination with him. Please.