Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm Not Even Supposed to be Here Today


So, over on the Clerks 2 website there's a teaser trailer up for the movie due out in AUGUST. It's about 2 minutes long and from what I can see, it looks like the Quick Stop is closing, forcing Dante and Randall to work at a Mooby fast food joint. Jason Lee and Ben Affleck both appear in the trailer and Smith seems to have viewed this as another chance to put his wife in a movie. Rosario Dawson also will be joining them in this movie to which I say...cool.

From Smith:

Some folks have asked why I’m even bothering to put any footage of the flick out there, eight months before it’ll hit theaters. The only reason I can sight is that I’m proud of the flick; I fucking love it, and I can’t wait to share it with the world. Just as “Clerks” was a film about what I felt it was like to be in my twenties, “Clerks II” is a film about how I feel it’s like to be in my thirties, and for the audience which has made that trans-generational journey along with us over the last decade, I think it’s gonna really connect in a big way.

The site is basically a video journal of the progress of the film. What I want to know is why did Tarantino stop by? Someone, please tell me, because I won't watch the clip myslef to find out.

I can already see QT now trying to figure out how to make it look like it's his movie.