Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Don't shoot! He's my clone!


I watched The Island last night. And as I sat down to write this, I looked at some of the reviews for it. At least 3 seperate reviewers claim it to be a remake of 3 seperate movies.

Mostly, the critics didn't like it. That's fine. Critics are paid to watch movies and hate them. They typically do a fine job. I'm not a critic. I'm just a jerk who likes a good movie, and you know what? I liked The Island. My only complaint is that at 2 hours and 16 minutes, it's a bit longer than it needed to be. Oh, and Shawnee Smith could have been in it more...

Otherwise, it was just a fun scifi movie that, yes, stole some ideas from other films. Fine, it never claimed to be original.

I also got the rare chance to play spot the landmark since part of the movie was filmed in Detroit. And, Detroit stands out in a movie...at least to me.