Monday, January 22, 2007

Sometimes an idea is so fucking brilliant you just have to run with it

Dear Sci Fi Channel,

I saw that you have a new movie coming up next weekend, Gryphon. I have to admit it looks...well, like a Sci Fi Original. I got to thinking, you have a fairly illustrious history of low budget man/monster movies. Chupacabra, Frankenfish, and my favorite, Mansquito. So, I thought maybe I could pass on an idea of my own.

Picture a scientist in a lab, or maybe an explorer in a jungle, it doesn't matter, but he gets bitten by some unknown species of ant. He ends up getting some of the ant's abilities. You know, enhanced strength, tunneling, diabetes, that sort of thing. But, unlike that guy who was bitten by the spider, this dude goes on a rampage and it's up to a rag-tag group of exterminators to wipe him out. One of them is the kid who "isn't even supposed to be here today," another is a Vietnam vet who takes the whole thing too seriously, the third is mad as a hatter from all the poisons (think Christopher Lloyd in Taxi), maybe Christopher Lloyd would be available for that one.

And you can call the movie Mant. See what I did there? Man + ant = Mant. Pretty good, huh?

I'll admit, I don't have a story, let alone a script. But I have a title, and at least 2 people who would want to watch it, and I think that's a pretty good start.

If you decide to run with it, let me know and I'll give you an address to send the royalty checks to.

Your humble blogger at $7 Popcorn,
dreamrot

5 comments:

Goose said...

I would most definately watch "Mant". Who doesn't like Sci-Fi orininal Saturday Nights. I wish I had a life.

Unknown said...

I have that same problem. I'll watch almost any movie, no matter how bad, if I don't have to pay for it.

Anonymous said...

"Mant" is the name of the movie-within-a-movie of 1993's Matinee.

Health Yatra said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Diseases and Conditions said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!