Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Letting the cat out of the proverbial bag.


You may remember a couple weeks ago that I hinted at something amazing. Something that wasn't just amazing, something amazing for February. Well, I guess that in lieu of anything to really talk about, I'm going to let you in on the secret I've been hiding from you for almost a month now.

Are you ready?

I, your humble blogger, dreamrot, am proud to announce the February 2007 will officially be the 7 Dollar Popcorn FILMuary Extravaganza: 28 Days of Movie Mayhem.

What does this mean for me, the writer? It means that I will endeavor to watch 28 movies in February. Not just that, but 28 movies that I have not already seen. Not just watch 28 new-to-me movies, but I am also going to make 28 entries here, at 7dp, about those 28 movies.

What does this mean for you the reader? Probably not much. Just that you'll be getting 28 things to read with the first one due on Thursday.

Then there's the last question... Why am I doing this? Well, I still feel bad about letting this go to the wayside in the second half of last year, so it's kind of a bit of restitution. Also, I've never done any sort of designated event, and it's always fun to try something new. Also, I hate myself, and figure making myself watch 28 movies that I'll be lucky to enjoy half of should be an interesting experiment.

So, I'll see you on Thursday for Day 1!