Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On the walk of fame

Ok, sure, getting a star on the Walk of Fame is about as difficult as getting a Slurpee at 7-11 (granted a really EXPENSIVE Slurpee...but still). All you need is to be nominated, agree to attend a ceremony and fork over $25,000.

I have to admit though, there is still something kind of cool about it. I didn't think I would be all that excited about it. But, I got down there and, well, I really kind of was. It's fun walking down Hollywood Blvd looking at the stars, seeing many that you're a fan of. Seeing the old names and the new. Sure, Britney Spears has a star. Puff Daddy has a star. Mickey Mouse has a star. Yeah, it's a little weird. The old Hollywood names though...those are kind of fun to see.


Boris Karloff
Ray Bradbury
Buster Keaton
Myrna Loy
Dick Powell
Ray Harryhausen


And, if nothing else...when you write a movie blog and haven't seen any movies lately, a trip to Hollywood is at least something to write about.