Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Things that make you go...eh


This Friday, V for Vendetta will be released theatrically and to be honest, I'm not sure I could be any less interested. That's odd to me, if only because this would generally be just the kind of movie I would be interested in. Comic book adaptation, futuristic setting, Natalie Portman...my kind of movie to be sure.

There's just something, and I can't quite figure out what, that is stopping me from being very interested in seeing it. Maybe it was the underwhelming feeling of the last 2 Matrix movies. Maybe it's a left over bad taste from Aeon Flux (which I know has nothing to do with it, but still seems, at least on the surface, thematicaly similar). Maybe it's Portman's Sinead O'Conner haircut. I'm not sure.

Of course, this isn't to say that I won't see it at some point. Hell, I may very well end up liking it. But I'm not in any hurry.