Sunday, March 26, 2006

At least it's something that I WANT to watch again.


I'm not really sure what I expected out of Pulse, and to be honest, I'm not sure what I got from it either. I mean, I think I knew what was going on, but there's still this thing where, maybe there was more to the whole thing.

What I'm really curious of though it was the remake will be like this summer now. From what I've seen in the trailer it looks like a very "based on a true story" kind of remake. Some of it looks similar, most of it looks very different. I guess though that too coud be a technological difference as well. All of the internet stuff was dial up, and we're full on into broadband now.

I think it's the kind of movie that I'll end up needing to see again to really get it. I will say this though, I liked the way it started with a bunch of people who knew nothing of each other and had seperate stories and gradually they were either kind of brought together or killed off. Much lke the computer program in the movie...these dots that if they get too close they die, but if they get too far apart they're drawn closer together.

I was expecting a ghost story I think and got more an end of the world movie that at times reminded me a little of Dragonhead. And while that's not a BAD thing...I don't know, I think I'll need to watch it again.