Monday, March 13, 2006

Catechism. It looks wrong, but it's spelled right


Sometimes, and I think this happens to all of us...sometimes you can't help but want to see something even though you know it will probably suck. I'm talking about another remake of a asian horror movie, in this case, Pulse.

You see, I loved Dark Water and Ju-On and Ringu. I did. Loved them. Even proposed to all 3 of them at one point, but I couldn't find a priest to marry us (all that catechism for nothing!). Now, I liked The Ring, I really did. Not as much as Ringu, but I liked it. The Grudge was...alright. I've seen worse. Dark Water (The US Version), I bought but haven't had a chance to watch yet (much like about 90 other movies...someday though!). You see, I have this problem where I have to watch these remakes. I have to. There's really nothing I can do about it, it's out of my hands.

So, Pulse. See, Pulse has something else going for it besides being just another remake, and that thing is Kristen Bell. That's right, Detroit area native, MAXIM covergirl and star of Veronica Mars, Kristen Bell.

So, remake of an asian horror movie starring Kristen Bell. What more could you ask for? Well, I suppose a good script, good acting, a worthwhile story, I could go on...BUT these things will be known LATER. Now. I have to think about NOW. So, what else is happening NOW. Well...THIS:


Got that from LatinoReview.com. Hot, isn't it. I'm just thinking about how that would look in my living room. More, right? More. Ok.



Ok. Alright. I know. It has a JULY release date. That's closer than Battlestar though! And, well, other people (Final Girl for example (no, go follow the link, I love her blog. Really, it's ok. Look, it's all down hill from here anyways and she's a better writer than me anyways. No, don't worry, you won't offend me. Just come back when you're done.)) are doing a great job talking about Silent Hill. So...from me, you get Pulse. If only because it beats me talking about getting ripped off buying DVDs on eBay.