Saturday, January 10, 2009

A special announcement from 7dp

Thanks for joining me here on a Saturday of all days. I almost never post anything on the weekends. It's my time off. I have to make an exception today though. You see, it's January 10th, and that means that for the first time, I actually remembered it was 7dp's birthday ON TIME (instead of days or weeks later)!

 
Hey, thanks Al. I really appreciate it. Can you believe it's really been 3 years? 
 
Yeah, well...work keeps me pretty busy sometimes. And it's hard to watch movies and write about them when I travel. You're right though, I should try harder.
 


That's enough guys. Thanks. Thanks for coming by and celebrating 7dp's 3rd birthday, but I think that it's time you all left. In fact, I think it's well past that time.

 

Yes.

 
Really, Al? That's awfully nice of you. And incredibly unexpected.
That's great Al. Thanks. That's awesome. I really think that it's best that you leave now.
To celebrate the 3rd birthday of 7dp, let's say that that is the reason I switched to 7dollarpopcorn.com. And since the new tv and dvd player will contribute to what I do here, lets say that those were gifts too. Now, if I only I made money here and could call it a business. Then instead of gifts, they'd be tax deductable business expenses.

Anyways, thanks for reading and sticking with me. And now, onto year number 4.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

*Clapping*

That was pretty awesome, and I'm guessing it took a ton of work. (I used that Einstein pic generator at the LAMB once upon a time). But to do 20 or 30 or however many pictures? Impressive. Most impressive.

Happy 3rd!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I have to admit, I'm starting to feel a little old! Three years!

The Einstein one is a bitch, just getting the positioning right. It's fun though to use him, especially the way that I do. I love that he's a bitter and foul-mouthed s-o-b.

The others were a little easier because the text just goes in the same place every time.

It's fun to bring in characters that way sometimes, to use a voice beside my own.