Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I actually broke down and did it

After years of telling myself it wasn't something I needed or even wanted, I broke down. I'd always believed that what I had was fine. I had no problems with it, it worked as well as anyone else's. Well, after seeing the difference I know I was wrong.

I love my new tv.

 
It's a 37" LCD and so far everything looks really awesome on it. The Xbox looks especially good hooked up via HDMI and at 1080p. I find myself wanting to go out and get a bluray player and see how that looks, but I think I'm still a long way from doing that. An upconverting DVD player is much more likely.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

Still haven't gone there. Soon. I'm just about ready to get something in the 37-42" range, though I'm still bothered by the prices...and the cables...and the install...and the added monthly fee for HD channels...and the prospect of a Blu-Ray player (that might be ancient in five years)...and...so on.

But still...after all that, I still kinda want one.

Unknown said...

The install wasn't too complicated. I don't have cable. The HDMI for the xbox is as easy to hook up as a USB drive. I'm not ready to go to bluray just yet either, but I am going to get myself a nicer DVD player.

The worst think for me on this is that I have to redo my living room setup. It doesn't fit in the entertainment center I had, so I have to get a new one. I think I'm going to get rid of the surround sound that I never st up right and just go with the audio from the tv itself (which is really good).