Thursday, July 03, 2008

I will never be able to explain why it is that I am such a fan of Keanu Reeves, but I am

I look at it this way...Nothing Keanu Reeves does will ever be as painful to watch as his performance in Much Ado About Nothing. I don't know who told him he could do Shakespeare, but whoever it was should be shot.

I'm not exactly excited about a remake of the 1951 sci-fi classic The Day The Earth Stood Still. It's a favorite of mine to begin with, and I just don't see how it can be improved upon. However, it is now and old and outdated premise. The cold war is no longer a pressing concern (though war in general and nuclear threats are still quite real and relevant). If I'm not excited about it, I am interested in it. For the same reasons I just mentioned. I want to see what they do with it. I want to see the approach they take to the story and I want to see how well that story resonates.


2 comments:

Fletch said...

Ha! I haven't watched Much Ado in forever, but yeah, he's hilariously bad. He does effectively "look rogue-ish," though, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Great movie regardless - time to catch it again. Hey nonny nonny. (or whatever)

Dead Pan said...

I have to say I am excited but with reservations. I love the original, but I don't know how I feel about the eco-friendly plot. Not that I am not aware of our planets problems, but I just don't like being preached to when I see a movie. As long as it doesn't head that direction I can really see it being good.