Thursday, January 10, 2008

Attack of the Terrible Graphics

Let's let it be known first that I LIKED Attack of the Sabretooth. It was no Octopus 2 or Raging Sharks, but it was a fun movie to watch. I'm not here to review it though. I don't care about that right now. What I want is to take a look at some of the effects. In fact, I want to take a look at the CGI overall.

For the most part, it was really well done. This was a very low budget film that still managed to produce a CGI sabretooth that looked good.


The eyes look a little lifeless, but overall, it's a damn good looking CGI creature. The sabretooths did look good. There's no denying that. However, the issue is with the sequence at the end.

This is the 'statue' atop the building. Notice that the graphics look like something out of an original Playstation game.


Yeah...it looks even better in the same shot as a person. I've seen animatics that looked better. In fact, that's what this looks like to me. It looks like a rough idea of what it was going to look like that never got finished. It's inexcusable after how good the sabretooths looked for them to have something this blatantly bad in the movie.