Thursday, August 03, 2006

Told you I'd get around to posting it

It was mentioned to me the other day that it may be a little odd that I have not seen The Big Easy. I think that's the one she found odd. There's a lot of movies that I haven't seen though. Movies I have no interest in ever seeing. Let's take a look at some:

Brokeback Mountain
-Let's talk about the elephant in the living room first. I will probably never see this movie. And now you're thinking, "can't you handle a movie with some dudes kissing?" It's got nothing to do with that. I'm just not a fan of serious movies. If a movie doesn't look fun I won't enjoy it and I'm not going to try to watch a movie I won't enjoy.

Titanic

-Overhyped bullshit. Didn't care in 97, don't care now.


The Deer Hunter

Apocolypse Now

Deliverance

-But, I make references to them all the time


Goodfellas

The Godfather

Scarface

-What are you going to do? I don't care for mob movies.

Signs

-My friend loaned this two me two months ago…I swear I'll watch it eventually.


Texas Chainsaw Massacre

-Though I do OWN a copy of it

Friday the 13th

-Not a single one of them.


Halloween
-I saw one of them. H2O. I know, I suck.


I've seen Jaws in bits and pieces. Nightmare on Elm Street 5 is the only one that I've seen all the way through in one sitting. I watch a lot of movies a little bit at a time.


Ok, so I can't really think of anything else right now. All I'm getting at is that there are tons of movies that I've never seen. And it's hard to be too surprised that I haven't seen something just because you think everyone has seen it. I don't think it's odd if you haven't seen Star Wars. (Though I do think it's weird that you didn't see any of the Indiana Jones movies.)