Friday, August 04, 2006

That's sick

I've been trying to check out the audio commentary on Resident Evil. For some reason, I hadn't done this before. I suppose it's only strange because I really liked this movie and usually that means that I try to check out as much of the special features as I can.

So the commentary has actresses Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, directoy Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt. And you know, it's the perfect kind of commentary. You listen to them and can tell they're having fun. The commentary isn't real dry like on some movies, there's a lot of joking around. Milla sounds like Ben Affleck on any of Kevin Smith's commentaries. Rodriguez can't pronounce Jovovich (despite repeated corrections) and also seems to have some sort of fascination with things being "sick". It's sort of like an Anti-Paris Hilton kind of phrase.

It's fun though beacuse they don't just talk about the movie (in fact the hardly talk about the movie), they obviously had fun making it together and the talk about a lot of the background stuff. What they did when they weren't shooting or on set. Hell, Milla even talks about her nipple being on screen.

I guess it's the part of movie making that I'm most curious of at the moment. The peripheral stuff that you don't think about. Going to the bar when you're on location. That's fascinating...but then, I could be a loser who's trying to live vicariously through others.