Thursday, August 24, 2006

MSN DVD Guide Part 2

Some days, I love MSN Movies. I mean, it's just nice to be able to talk about something, and it doesn't hurt that I don't respect their opinions.

Today it's "Cold Blooded Killers" aka Reptiles. I guess it has something to do with the Sam Jackson masterpiece that's sweeping the nation... You know, the movie that BARELY squeked out a win last weekend at the box office. The on that BARELY beat a movie that was been out for 3 weeks. The one that barely beat out a movie that they don't even show commercials for anymore. Yeah, the one that was supposed to be HUGE because of the buzz on the interweb. I never understood the hype.

Regardless, MSN did a list of their top ten giant lizards/reptiles/monsters/whatever...

10. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1981) and sequels
I guess this world also double as a prequel, call it Snakes in a Temple. Or, here we go, Indiana Jones 4: Snakes in a Retirement Home. Ha! I'm funny.

9. "Gamera: The Guardian of the Universe" (1995)
I loved this movie. Check it out, it's a lot of fun.

8. "Lake Placid" (1999)
Really...not that good. Despite Bill Pullman and Oliver Platt.

7. "Alligator" (1980)
I guess it's hard to make fun of a movie I've never heard of. I'm, uh, sure that it's a classic.

6. "Anaconda" (1997)
Jennifer Lopez's screen test for Gigli.

5. "Tremors" (1990)
Giant, man eating worms feel vibrations in the ground, but can't move rocks. Some how, this end up on AMC a bit too often.

4. "The Lost World" (1925)
Not to be confused with the Jurassic Park sequel.

3. "King Kong" (1933/2005)
Fuck you and the skyscraper you rode in on.

2. "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" (1954)
Part Aquaman, part Swamp Thing, all...um...Creature?

1. "Godzilla" (1954)
Well, of course he's number 1! I would have scrapped this in protest if he hadn't been. (Unless Khing Ghidorah had been #1...or Rodan).

Speaking of which, how come they aren't on the list? Why isn't Jurassic Park? Come on! King Kong makes the list for it's T-Rex, but Jurassic Park doesn't! What a load of shit.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was trying to figure out how King Kong made it onto that list... But never having seen it.. maybe the monkey really is a snake. on a plane.

Unknown said...

The biplanes that attack him are piloted by snakes

Unknown said...

LMAO.

Snakes... they're like prehensile tails... just without bodies.

On Planes.