Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Buddy Cops


MSN put together a list of their Top 10 Odd Cop Couples. You know, one's a by-the-book, good cop and family man and the other is an unstable maverick. That's just always how it goes. I guess it's just not very interesting for both of them to be by-the-book or both mavericks. One has to be Jackie Chan or Danny Glover and the other is a Diet Pepsi or whatever/whoever is hip at the moment. I'm sure in Japan they make cop movies where Mothra is the good cop and Godzilla is the loose cannon and together they go up against King Ghidorah and his internatial dope smuggling/ art theft/ immigration ring.

So, let's look at the list:

10: Starsky and Hutch
This wouldn't make my list of things to do instead of going to the dentist. In fact, getting a tooth pulled is less painful than watching this Own Wilson/Ben Stiller piece of crap.

9: Lethal Weapon
It was no Lethal Weapon 4, but really, how many movies are? Just 1, baby. Just 1.

8: Rush Hour
In other news, Chris Tucker finds a way to annoy me even more!

7: The Untouchables
Before there was Waterworld, Kevin Costner did a little movie with Sean Connery. And no, it wasn't Silverado. (Though, Danny Glover WAS in Silverado with Kevin Costner for anyone looking to play Six Degrees of Joe Pesci)

6: The Enforcer
I think this was actually a hockey movie...

5: Men in Black
I have nothing to say. I liked it. It should be higher on the list.

4: Narc
Set in Detroit but shot in Toronto, which means that it's too clean to pass for Detroit (I can say that, I grew up in Detroit).

3: Internal Affairs
Never heard of it, next

2: The Big Easy
Another that I've never heard of, but with Ned Beatty and John Goodman, it has to be gold.

1: Rush
I didn't realize that anyone remembered this movie. I only vaguely do, and that's only because we carried it at the video store I worked at in high school. And how is it that Jason Patric made the list twice?