Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This time...it's posters.

I lieu of anything substantial, lets look at a couple posters for upcoming movies. I mean, there's nothing more exciting that pictures, right? And hey, don't worry, it's not like I'm going to do a whole week of posters. Nope. Don't care about them as much as I do trailers. Oh, who am I kidding, my living room is almost nothing but movie posters. And, I'd be willing to bet that I buy or acquire at least one new poster this weekend. Maybe it'll even be one of these!


You may remember that I liked the 'import' version of Day Watch that I saw last year. And I have to admit that I'm getting kind of excited about the actual US release. Ok, I'm only excited about seeing it with a good set of subtitles, but it's something, right?



I love the tag line: All Bets Are Off. Get it? They're in VEGAS baby! It's a gambling reference! Man, they're so fucking clever. I wish I was one of those marketing geniuses. I could totally do tag lines for movies. Seriously. Here's a couple just of the top of my head...

Resident Evil: Extinction - This time...it's personal.
Spiderman 3 - This time...it's personal.
You've Got Mail - This time....it's online personals.
Live Free or Die Hard - This time...it's PG-13.

I could totally do that job.


I have no idea what this movie is or is about, but with a poster and title like that...I have to say that I'm at least a little intrigued.