Monday, May 07, 2007

At least Venom looked fucking sweet

Did I ever mention that I really liked Spiderman 2? Or, that I thought that Spiderman the first was pretty sweet? No? Oh, sorry.

I really liked Spiderman 2 and I thought that Spiderman the first was pretty fucking sweet. Now you know. I don't want there to be any secrets between us.

To be honest though, I didn't really care about Spiderman 3. I was kind of excited, but not like Hot Fuzz excited. Or 300 excited. No, this was more on the level of X3 excited. Luckily, it was a bit more entertaining. Not that that's a challenge, X3 was REALLY bad.

Spiderman 3 isn't REALLY bad, much like Parker with the symbiote, it's just confused. There are all these stories that it thinks it NEEDS to tell, and just doesn't really pay off.

The Sandman, kind of extraneous, really. I mean, it's neat and he's done fairly well, but I don't really think that his little subplot was needed. Same with Gwen Stacy. Don't get me wrong, Bryce Dallas Howard was great in the role and was hot as hell, but again, unneeded.

And the amnesia shit with Harry. "I hate you Spiderman, but I forgot so lets be buds until I remember and threaten your girlfriend if she doesn't break up with you but maybe I'll feel bad later and help you out in the end."

The fact of the matter is that all anyone (and by "anyone" I mean "me") wanted to see was the symbiote suit and Venom. I mean, all anyone has wanted for 3 fucking movies now was for Venom to show up. And while he looked sweet as hell, and Topher Grace was actually pretty good as Eddie Brock, though, for me, his voice was 100% wrong for Venom. I guess I just wanted/thought/expected that he would have a deeper/growlier/hissier voice. But, I have no control over such things.

What I do have are ideas, baby. Ideas for movies. You know how in every interview Tobey/Kirsten/Raimi are all like "Oh I don't know if we'll do a fourth. I won't unless everyone else does"? I say, fuck that. Get a new director, get Topher and make a couple Venom movies. Get Carnage and lets do it. It's the perfect opportunity to create a bridge and in a couple years bring in a new actor to play Spidey. You can bring him in in Venom 3. See? Pretty sweet.

Spiderman 3 gets 6 and a half omelettes dropped off your frying pan while you're in the kitchen doing the twist with you best friend's girlfriend out of 10.