Friday, May 26, 2006

I suck


I am a horrible, horrible person. I know. I'm sorry. It's been a week since I've posted anything and that's like a million years to the average internet user. I may as well have died!

But no! I am alive. Alive and ready to go. I'm not sure where I'm ready to go to, but dammit! I'm so friggin ready!

Let's take a minute and look at The Producers. Based on a Broadway show that was based on a Mel Brooks movie, it has all the charm of a remake. It's the story of a down on his luck broadway producer and a timid as a mouse accountant who team up to put on a show that will be an instant failure. That show? Springtime for Hitler. A bit of musical propoganda for the Third Reich.

Now, I am generally a fan of Mathew Broderick and I've liked Will Ferrell since he left SNL. That said, this wasn't that good. Even for a musical. And a musical will generally lower my expectations to begin with. I just didn't find it to be all that funny.

See, THIS is funny:



Sushi Picnic, now THAT would be a movie. Maybe they could team up with the Country Bears, yeah... branch out a bit. Or! Imagine this, Sushi Picnic...on ice! Yeah, with Brian Boitano as the Tomago, Sasha Cohen as the California Roll and Michelle Kwan as the Sushi Chef. You'd get at least 10 people in every city to go see it. At least! Maybe more in San Francisco.

There was all this talk when The Producers was on Broadway about the great chemistry between Mathew Broderick and Nathan Lane. I wasn't horribly impressed. It was okay, the worked well together, but you'd expect that after all the prectice they'd had. If they came out seeming like Hayden and Natalie, it would have been laughable.

It does make me at least a little interested in seeing the orginal, non song and dance version...but I don't think I will.