Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I expected better.

I have some friends who absolutely LOVE The Hangover. They quote it all the time and they keep telling me that I HAVE to watch it. That it's such a great movie and blah blah blah. I'm sure you've been in the same situation. So, after months of hearing about how AMAZINGLY AMAZING it is, I crawled out from sleeping underneath my friend's car to watch it.

By now, I'm sure you know the story. 4 guys go to Vegas for a bachelors party, because that's what guys do in movies. Probably in real life, too, just not the guys I know. So, there they are, in Vegas toasting to their friendship and then the movie cuts to the next morning. No one remembers anything, the groom to be is MIA, there is a tiger in the bathroom and a baby in the closet. Now they have to find their friend and figure out what happened the previous night.

The Hangover has some funny moments in it, but, I don't know. The way some people talk about this movie, you'd think it was the second coming of Jesus. Now, I will say that it could be that all the hype around the movie made me expect something much more out of it. Frankly though, the friends who recommended the movie to me..well, we don't always have the same taste in movies, so I tend to take their suggestions with a grain of salt.

It certainly isn't a bad movie. It's just not a good one either. I don't feel like my time was wasted watching The Hangover, but I feel like the movie could have been so much more. Over all, I just feel very 'meh' about it.