Tuesday, December 02, 2008

What I would do if I won the lottery.

I was watching War of the Gargantuas the other day and remembered something. One of my dreams. One of those goals that is only ever going to exist in a 'what if' scenario. A scenario like...What If I Won The Lottery.

If I won the lottery, I think I would have to hire a Hollywood model making company to create a scale replica of downtown Detroit. Basically, I would want the Renaissance Center to be about...oh...waist high, and everything else to be proportionate.

The roads would need to be widened. I would need them to be wide enough for a person to walk down. That way, one could stroll the streets of Detroit. Taking pictures perhaps of this tiny metropolis. Maybe it could be used for movies. Or a sort of tourist attraction. Either of those would be pretty cool, though not why I'd want to build it.

No. Of course not. Where's the fun in that? There is only one reason anyone could possibly want a scale replica of a city...to destroy it.


How could someone NOT want to rampage through a miniature city? I look at model trains and all I can think about is how cool it would be to stomp through them. Is there anything that looks like it would be more fun? Maybe it's just me...me and a steady stream of old Toho movies...but this is my dream. This is what I want more than anything, except for all the other, more realistic things I want.


Of course, if I won the lottery...I could build TWO mini Detroits...you know, so I could blow the other one up...that would be cool, too.

1 comments:

Fletch said...

What about two chicks at the same time? [/Lawrence]