Thursday, September 27, 2007

31 movies I would recommend for someone's month long Halloween movie marathon...now THAT'S an idea...

The other day, in my comments, I received a comment that I wasn't sure what to do with. No, not a comment, an invitation. It was from one Ed Hardy, Jr of Shoot the Projectionist and it read:

Hey there! I just wanted to drop you a line to invite you to participate in the 31 GREATEST HORROR FILMS survey we have going on over at Shoot the Projectionist. Here's a link to the original announcement:

http://shoottheprojectionist.blogspot.com/2007/09/31-greatest-horror-films-survey.html

Thanks.
Naturally my first reaction was one of shock. I don't know this guy, yet here he is, asking me to join in. It's kind of a neat feeling.

So, I read a little more...

I hereby announce the 31 Greatest Horror Films , a survey to be compiled throughout Shocktober! and published on Halloween. I am inviting, inducing—hell, just plain cajoling—you to submit a list of the 31 Greatest Horror Films according to you. Whether that means your 31 favorite scary movies or the 31 films you feel are the most influential or original, well… that’s sort of up to you. I suppose when I do my list I’ll include the 31 horror films that I feel are the most worthy for discussion, because that’s usually the defining factor of whether I care about a film or not. And, of course, the entire reason I’m picking the number 31 instead of some other arbitrary number like 25, 50 or 100 is that there are 31 days in Shocktober!, so if you would like to think of your list as the perfect month-long horror movie marathon, I encourage you to do so. Think of it however you must, as long as you submit a list!
So THAT'S the catch. I have to make a list. A list of 31 movies. Horror movies at that! What do I know about horror movies? Oh yeah, a little bit. For me to make a list of the movies that I've found to be scary though...well, we're talking a short fucking list. The Descent for sure. In the Mouth of Madness. The Thing. I'm sure there's a couple others, but, well, not another 28! However, what I did like was
so if you would like to think of your list as the perfect month-long horror movie marathon, I encourage you to do so
Yeah. Now we're talking. I could do that. What would be the 31 movies I would choose to watch for a fictional, month long Halloween marathon...for someone else. See that. If I were going to do a marathon like that, I wouldn't want to do 31 days of movies I've seen. But trying to do a list of 31 movies I would suggest for someone else's marathon, well, that's a fun kind of idea.

31 movies I would recommend for someone's month long Halloween movie marathon. Ed, I'll get the list to you next week, and I'll post it here before Oct 1st.

NOTE:Ed has corrected me, the official title is 31 FLICKS THAT GIVE YOU THE WILLIES

1 comments:

Eddie Hardy said...

Thanks for your response--and thanks for extending the invite to everybody that visits your blog as well. Despite the fact that the list we're compiling at Shoot the Projectionist is now going by the name 31 FLICKS THAT GIVE YOU THE WILLIES, I myself would be rather hard-pressed to list almost anything that has genuinely frightened me in the years since I was a wee one. I do, however, go on at some length in my post today about one particular film that scared the crap out of me as a pre-teen: The Shining.