Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rode around their shores... burning with the fires of Orc.

Sometimes, I see a commercial for a movie, or a trailer, or a newspaper ad, or a little banner on a website. This ad, it speaks to me. It speaks to me in a way that only a few people can speak to me. It speaks to me at a very basic level that shakes me to my core and screams "YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!" As a result, I tend to keep the volume low on my television. Shaken Core Syndrome, or SCS, is likely one of the most pressing issues we face in America today.

The upcoming remake of The Hitcher, however, is NOT such a movie. However, it does contain something that will peak my interest more often than not. 2 magic words that will take me from my normal "That looks like a stupid fucking pile of shit" attitude towards a movie, to a kinder, more understanding "That looks like a stupid fucking pile of shit that I want to see" attitude towards a movie. Those 2 words are "Sean Bean."

Who else would walk in the footsteps left by Rutger Hauer? Who, besides Boromir? Who else, besides Alec Trevelyan? Who could play John Ryder if not Odysseus himself? That's the question I pose to you!

Well, I guess anyone really. I mean, you know, it's just Rutger Hauer. He's not all that. He was only Roy Batty. Pff! Only! Only?!

I have no idea where I'm going with this. Here's a trailer.