Thursday, December 28, 2006

I was right. I hate being right.

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I have this...


From Neil Gaiman's blog:


And the reason I'm trying to post is that when I did Internet Cafe my way online yesterday I discovered pretty much all of my FAQ messages were people asking whether I was really going to be writing the Silent Hill sequel with Roger Avary. I'm afraid that I don't think I am -- I mean, it's the first thing I've ever heard of it, and I'm sure that if they make a sequel Roger would want to write it himself. I am writing Black Hole with Roger (we're one draft in right now), and we already wrote next year's Beowulf. If I get home to find an invitation to write Silent Hill 2 with Roger is waiting for me I'll let you all know, but for right now I think it's a discredited internet rumour.

So, it looks as though it was all just high hopes. Hopes that have now been crushed like a spider beneath the size 11 Nike of reality. It's too bad, I would have loved to see what Gaiman could bring to a world like Silent Hill.