Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'm leaning towards "Fanboy Wet Dream"...

I'm going to create a new game. It's a categorizing game. You know, the kind where you look at something or read something and decide if it's one thing, or another thing. The name of this game is "Fact, or Fanboy Wet Dream".

Here's today's scenario:

Gaming blog Kotaku.com posted an article about Silent Hill 2. According to an interview with director Christophe Gans, the sequel will be written by Roger Avary and Neil Gaiman.

Avary wrote the first Silent Hill movie, which was directed by Gans. The addition and potential wildcard here is Neil Gaiman.

Let me tell you a bit about how I feel about this. If Gaiman had written Titanic, I would have seen it 30 times. I have 3 Sandman tattoos. I own, at the very least, all of his novels in hardcover (a few in paperback/other forms as well). I bought a second copy of MirrorMask...just to buy a second copy. So, if Gaiman is involved with the sequel, that would be fantastic news.

Which is what leads me to believe that it won't be the case. We'll find out though, I'm sure that if it's true, Gaiman will mention it in his blog when he returns...