Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer movies

It's a nice day out today. Sunny, 79 degrees. It's June now, the birds are, unlike me, mating, and I guess I'm just thinking about some of the movies that I'd like to see this summer. (but probably won't see until this winter...)


The Omen: June 6th
Okay, there's a good possibility that I don't really want to see this. However, I may go tomorrow anyways. I'm not a huge fan of remakes and was never a big fan of the original. Sue me. I'm really not a fan of most horror movies from the 70's. I like the more modern stuff. Every indication is that this is a fairly straight forward retelling of the original, but brought up to date. So, we'll see. I may actually enjoy it.






A Scanner Darkly: July 7th
July 7th hopefully, maybe, in theory, we'll get back to you. This movie has been delayed since September of LAST YEAR. It a very interesting looking movie, using a cell shading technique similar to some video games, like the last Zelda game on the Gamecube. My guess is that it'll be released around Christmas of next year, if it's finished by then.







Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest: July 7th
This is a given. I absolutely LOVED the first movie and this will be more of the same I'm sure. And, Kiera Knightly is back. So, yeah, like I said...a given.





Pulse: July 14th
This is where my strange fascination with remakes of Japanese horror movies gets the better of me. Also, it's stars the Detroit suburb's own Kristen Bell who you may recognize as TV's Veronica Mars.

I will see this movie. Eventually. No, really...I will.




Clerks 2: July 21st
How could I NOT want to see this. I love Kevin Smith's movies. I've been a fan since I saw Mallrats (i saw it before I saw Clerks). It's the return of Dante and Randall, ten years later and still as lazy as ever. They're working at Mooby's now and joined by Rosario Dawson.




DOA: Dead or Alive: August 25th
Okay, there's no official site for it, and I wouldn't pay to see it...why is it on this list then? I'm not sure. It's an adaptation of a video game. And not just any video game, a fighting game, which you'll remember worked out so well for Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. The video game is known mostly for it's...physics. Which is a nice way of saying the boobs bounce a lot. They did a BEACH VOLLEYBALL version of the game. Tells you something, doesn't it. Should be a great date movie...


I'll probably end up seeing more movies than are on this list, and probably like some of them more than this list, but, this is just a quick look at what I'm looking forward too.

And Blogger is really pissin me off today, I'm just having a TON of trouble getting pictures uploaded. It's taking forever.

And I never noticed this before, but the word "Blogger" is not in Blogger's own spell check. Ha!