Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Song of The Day - Fireplace by Lost in the Trees



Today I learned that Lost In The Trees was recently featured as part of NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series. Sadly, they didn't do Fireplace, which may be my favorite song from the new cd All Alone In An Empty House. I had the opportunity to see Lost In The Trees this past summer. It was the most intimate show that I could imagine a band playing. I can't say that there were more than two dozen people there to see them. They played upstairs at the Crofoot in Pontiac, MI after CocoRosie had played downstairs. Almost everyone left, but my friends and I stuck around to check them out. Sadly, I was getting tired and wanted to go home, so I did not enjoy the show as much as I could have. I did, however, buy the cd and quickly fell in love with it.