Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's more of a public service announcement

Last night I was afforded the...and I use this term lightly...opportunity to see the remake of Day of the Dead. I say 'remake' because that's what the called it. Make no mistake though, this is not really a remake. This is an entirely different movie with very few similarities to the original. In fact, let's count them...the title....um...the both have military personnel...and...um...well, that's really about it.

And, the fact of the matter is...the movie is BAD. And not in the kind of way that Raging Sharks or Octopus 2: River of Fear or Shark Attack 3:Megaladon is bad. No. There is no enjoyment to be found here. The only fun part about it is talking about how bad it is. The movie just...makes no sense. It's fucking ridiculous. And, it made me wish I was doing any number of things that would have been much more interesting or fun...

I could have been watching House of the Dead...(yes, this movie actually made me wish I was watching a Uwe Boll movie...)

I could have been doing laundry...and counting the number of times that the machine spins the laundry around during the wash cycle...

I could have been counting the blades of grass outside my apartment building...

I could have compiled a list of things that would be more fun that the movie...

I could have watched someone play Knights of the Old Republic II...

Any of these would have been more interesting than Day of the Dead. It was so bad that I consider it my duty to warn everyone I know to stay away from this movie. Just ignore it. Pretend it doesn't exist. If you see it on the street, and it comes up to you claiming to be an old friend, lie and say you went to school in Saskatchewan and it couldn't have possibly been you that it loaned that money to.