Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fable 2 is destroying my will to live

Okay, not really. It is, however, consuming way too much of my free time. Consider this, it came out on October 21st. I bought it on October 21st. With the exception of days that I've been out of town, I've played it everyday. In fact, as of last night, I've played through the main game 3 times.

What's sad is that I don't think it's as good as the first game. And I don't think it's as good as some of the others that I've played on the 360. Yet, there is still something compelling about it. I like the impact that my in-game decisions have on my character. I like that everyone in a couple of the towns is afraid of me after 2 massacres. I love that they all hate me after I bought all their houses and raised their rent. I love that I can hire whores and sleep with them in beds that belong to strangers. As you can tell, I'm playing the game as a horrible person. I'm going to save the world...mostly from myself it would seem.

The game has three choices you can make at the end, and I've made two of them. I wanted to choose the very selfless, save everyone who died ending, but it wouldn't bring my dog back. And, dammit, I can't hunt for treasure without my dog. So, all I am this time is a slumlord and slayer of innocents. I own every building in the kingdom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how I feel about Perfect Dark for the 360. I never tried the Fable games. Maybe I will get one of those next.

Unknown said...

As gameplay goes, it's not terribly unlike KotOR, in that all of your decisions affect your character's alignment. The style of RPG is similar as well.