Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Here's the thing

When I was a kid, I was fascinated by a few of things. Astronomy was a big one. I would go to the school library and just go through every book I could to look at pictures of galaxies and stars and planets and moons and...well, anything else that there might be pictures of. It was the same with the oceans. Whales, sharks, fish, dolphins, coral, it all amazed me. My grandma had a view master with a couple of Jacques Cousteau disks. I just loved looking at them. The other one was mythology. The Greek and Roman stories especially, and as I got older, Native American and Norse myths as well. It was the old Greek myths though that sparked my interest.

The fun thing is, I'm still as in awe of space, the oceans and mythology as my 8-year old self. So, it's probably a foregone conclusion that I will see the new Clash of the Titans.