Friday, April 25, 2008

Basking in the glow

It was Groucho Marx I think that said "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." Well, nuts to Groucho Marx. I'm more than happy to have become a member of The Large Association of Movie Blogs.

That's right, 7dp is a LAMB, or asheep. It's hard to say. I mean, it was Piper and Stacie talking about it that got me interested. So, once again, I'm following in the footsteps of others. 79 others actually. That's right, 7dp is lucky number 80! The 80th member of LAMB. See, that LARGE ASSOCIATION part of it, not just a clever nickname. That's right, as of now there are 79 other people writing about movies. Many of them are ever better writers than me! Well, at least more consistent. Ok, they got around to joining before me.

For what it's worth, I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Portland, OR with little to do at the moment. But that's okay. I have a plan for tomorrow. A plan aside from working tomorrow evening. Stumptown Comics Fest. Hell yeah man. I guess there are some cool things about my job.

7 comments:

PIPER said...

It's alright. It hurts a little at first but then once you go to sleep after that everything will be alright.

Ric Burke said...

Welcome to the LAMB!

Anyone who lists the film 'Tears of the Black Tiger' as one of their favourite films has to be worth getting to know.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the LAMB! My blog is LAMB #33, so I've been around a while. I guess that makes me a ewe.

It's good to know someone who's prepared for the zombie holocaust. I'll make sure to bookmark your blog and refer to it when the zombies start to roll.

Fletch said...

Yes, welcome. I like that you "hacked" the button to match your background color. Nice work...

How's Portland?

Unknown said...

Fletch, steal it. All I did was make the border transparent. It'll match any background color that way.

And thanks everyone for the welcome. I think I'm going to be glad I joined.

Anonymous said...

What are you doing in Portland? I wish I was in Portland ... can I come to Portland?

Welcome to the Lamb!

Unknown said...

I was in Portland on business. Man, what a great town. I have one of those crazy day jobs that sends me all over the country.