Sunday, February 19, 2006

It was a very good year


It feels a lot like 2006 could end up being a very good year for movies. It just seems like there's more to look forward to this year than most. I've got Ultraviolet coming out on the 3rd. Silent Hill in April. May is X3. And then on July 7th...A Scanner Darkly. And these are just the ones at the top of my head. I know too that there a couple of asian movies I'm hoping to check out, R-Point and The Booth. Not to mention that Azumi is getting a theatrical release here this year (finally). And Night Watch, now that it's been released in theaters should hit DVD in a couple months.

And these are just some of the ones I know of already. Every year there are plenty of movies that seem to come out of nowhere on me that I end up loving. High Tension last year for example. Or Oldboy.

There's a new trailer out for A Scanner Darlky (in quicktime), and that got me kind of thinking about this years slate of films I guess.

So, will 2006 be a great year for American movies? God I hope so. I know 2 of 2005's top movies were terrible. So, I can only hope this year's big ones are better.