Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Is it out loud if I'm typing it?


I think that if it turns out to be true, I am all in favor of Benicio Del Toro staring in a remake of The Wolf Man. The guy looks like Lon Chaney, Jr's wolf man already!

Without even realizing it, I've liked a lot of Benicio's movies. Snatch has been a favorite of mine for a long time now, The Usual Suspects, and Sin City as well. And I own 21 Grams, even though I haven't watched it yet.

It makes me wonder though if Universal plans to remake some of the other classic monster movies. I know they're already planning a remake of Creature from the Black Lagoon and maybe the Dracula and Frankenstein movies have been done too many times now. But a new Bride of Frankenstein could be a lot of fun. Or The Invisible Man. Or even The Mummy to cleanse my memory of that Indiana Jones wannabe with Brenden Frasier.

Something though that isn't a hodgepodge of as many creatures as you can ala Van Helsing. I'm sure I'm not the only on in the world who would like to see some of this stuff done now. Hell, do it like Showtime's Masters of Horror and see what you get if you put horro's best director's each in charge of a title.

Hell, I'm just thinking out loud here. And I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I think it would be an interesting idea.